GENERAL COMPENSATION AND ASSISTANCE POLICY IN CASE OF DENIED BOARDING, CANCELLATION OR DELAY OF FLY ALLWAYS OPERATING FLIGHTS TAKING INTO ACCOUNT AND ADHERING THE APPLICABLE LOCAL LAWS
Dear Valued Customer,
We are committed to providing to all our customers safe, reliable and professional service. It is our aim to make your experience with us memorable so that we may welcome you again to enjoy our services in the future. Unfortunately, there are times and situations that our obligation to you may be impacted by occurrences within and sometimes without our control.
Fly Allways will notify customers in a timely manner of changes in their travel arrangements.
Surinam Airways offers in the case of:
• denied boarding or
• cancellation or schedule change of your flight or
• delay of more than four (4) hours, compensation and assistance, depending on the specific situation.
You may consult this leaflet for the conditions that apply for compensation and assistance in case of flights departing from regional airports.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience which you may possibly experience.
However, we put first and foremost reliability and safety, while taking all necessary measures to prevent delays, cancellations or schedule changes and denied boarding.
FLY ALLWAYS Customer Service
Within the aviation industry, airlines overbook flights based on historic data which shows that sometimes passengers do not cancel their fights when they change their travel plans.
When the flight is overbooked, implying that the number of passengers exceeds the available seats, Fly Allways will first provide passengers the opportunity to voluntarily cancel their seat in return of compensation and assistance as described herein.
When there are insufficient or no volunteers, Fly Allways will proceed with denying passengers involuntarily. In the event of involuntarily-denied boarding, we will usually deny boarding based on check-in time.
Denied boarded passengers are entitled to compensation and assistance, on the express condition that they have presented themselves for the check-in procedures within the required time. Passengers denied due to health, safety, or, security reasons, or by customs are not qualified for aforementioned.
Compensation in case of denied boarding
A financial compensation of USD75.00 will be offered to passengers at the airport.
Assistance in case of denied boarding
Fly Allways will offer the passengers the following options:
• Rerouting under comparable transport conditions, on the first available FAW flight, or
• Reimbursement of the FAW-ticket for the part of the journey that has not yet been completed.
• Hotel accommodation at a Fly Allways arranged hotel, meals and non-alcoholic drinks for non-residents, in cases where a stay becomes necessary, including transport to and from the airport.
• 1 international telephone call – maximum 3 minutes, 1 fax message, or 1 e-mail message.
• For all passengers, free ground transportation from the airport will be arranged
CANCELLED AND DELAYED FLIGHT
We will do our utmost to contact you in advance to inform you of a flight cancellation by using the contact information you have provided in your reservation.
We will confirm you on the next available flight.
In the event of a delay, we will share the most current information of your flight status. To accomplish this, we will:
• Clarify the reason for the delay based on the available information
• Update the information at the airport displays where available
• Update the delay information on our website and via our sales offices and recognized travel agents
• At the airport, depending on the nature of the delay, we will provide amenities to our customers who are affected by the delay
Fly Allways will provide the following to customers experiencing delays or cancellations at the airport:
• For delays of 3 hours: snacks and drinks;
• For delays between 3 to 6 hours: hot meals and drinks;
• For delays exceeding 6 hours:
- Hotel accommodation at a Fly Allways arranged hotel to non-residents
- Ground transportation to/from the hotel
- 1 international telephone call – maximum 3 minutes to non-residents
- Ground transportation to/from the place of residence
- A discount Voucher of USD 50.00 to be used for the next journey or for other services offered by Fly Allways
Fly Allway is committed to delivering your checked baggage to you on time. If your checked baggage is delayed or misplaced, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your baggage is returned to you within 24 hours. Please be advised that frequency of flights as well as Customs procedures at your destination airport may impact on delivery times.
If you are unable to locate your bag upon arrival, you should notify a Fly Allways Representative before exiting Customs. At that time a report will be taken, and you will be provided with a brochure explaining our baggage recovery process. You will also be provided with contact information for Caribbean Airlines for follow-up.
If your baggage is delayed, Fly Allways will compensate passengers for reasonable expenses in accordance with the Montreal Convention and Warsaw Convention, as applicable.
If your baggage is lost, we will compensate you in accordance with the Montreal and Warsaw Conventions where applicable.
We will also reimburse you for any fee charged to transport your bag if it is lost.